Official Government Website

Open / Illegal Dumping

Counties and local governments in Idaho can use solid waste, zoning, and nuisance ordinances to require the cleanup of open dumps. DEQ and the various public health districts provide complaint follow-up for Idaho citizens, and in some cases, may initiate an enforcement action if compliance cannot be obtained voluntarily. To report an open dump or ongoing dumping at an unapproved site, contact your county solid waste department, local public health district, or the Bureau of Land Management. You may also report an environmental concern to DEQ. If you encounter a situation that poses an imminent threat to human health or the environment, call StateComm at (208) 846-7610.

ver: 3.5.2 | last updated:
Jump back to top of page button