Hazardous Waste is tracked “cradle-to-grave,” from generation to final disposal. Site and/or business-specific EPA Identification numbers, hazardous waste manifests, and reporting information are used to keep track of how much hazardous waste is generated, where it is generated, and its final management or disposal method.
An EPA identification number is a unique number assigned to sites that allows states and EPA to track activities regulated under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA).
This accordion will not appear on the screen
- Small and large quantity generators
- Episodic events
- Hazardous waste transportation
- Hazardous waste treatment, storage, and disposal
- Hazardous waste fuel marketing
- Hazardous waste fuel burning
- Used oil fuel marketing
- Used oil fuel burning
- Used oil transportation and transfer
- Used oil processing and re-refining
- Large quantity universal waste handling
- Subpart K academic lab activity
- Hazardous secondary material activity
- Recognized trader for hazardous waste exports and/or imports
- E-manifest broker
Contact DEQ to get a copy of the Notification of Regulated Waste Activity form. Complete one form for each facility that generates or handles hazardous waste. Each site or location will receive its own unique EPA identification number. There is no fee associated with this form.
Mail or scan and email the signed form to DEQ:
Idaho Department of Environmental Quality
Attn: Adam Oliver, Hazardous Waste Data Analyst
1410 N. Hilton St.
Boise, ID 83706