Requests for information fall into two categories: general information or public records request. The regional office staff is available to answer questions and help with general information. Contact your regional office.
Anyone can ask to see or receive copies of DEQ records that are created in the course of business under the Idaho Public Records Law (Idaho Code § 74-1). While DEQ strives for transparency, certain confidential records may not be released; these types of records are described in the Idaho Public Records Law Manual.
The easiest way to submit a public records request is online. Requests may also be submitted via email, fax, mail, or hand delivery to any DEQ office. If you are unable to submit a request online, print the form, and mail it to us.
This accordion will not appear on the screen
- Request is for more than 100 pages of paper records.
- Request includes records from which nonpublic information must be deleted.
- Actual labor associated with responding to the request exceeds 2-person hours.
|Idaho Code Reference||Type of Work Involved||Costs|
|§74-102(10)(b)(i)||Photocopying more than 100 sheet pages on standard 8.5 × 11-inch paper||$.02 per page black and white $.08 per page color|
|§74-102(10)(c)||Photocopying on sheets other than standard 8.5 × 11-inch paper||Actual cost—varies depending on size|
|§74-102(10)(e)||Where labor exceeds 2 person hours||$18.21 per hour|
|§74-102(10)(e)||Where review by the Office of the Attorney General is required||$36.83 per hour|
|§74-102(10)(c)||Where DEQ has copy-related out-of-pocket costs||Actual cost|
|§74-102(10)(d)(i)||Where records are provided in the form of compact disc (CD), digital versatile disc (DVD), USB flash drive, or similar form||Actual cost|
|§74-102(10)(c)||Where copies of records are mailed or shipped||Actual cost|
|§74-102(10)(d)(ii)||Where DEQ has a standard charge for selling information in the form of a publication||Standard cost for selling published information|
- Paper copies are duplexed whenever possible and treated as a single copy for fee assessment.
- Idaho sales tax is assessed on copy fees and DEQ’s out-of-pocket costs.
- If we believe a requester is breaking down a request into a series of requests to avoid fee assessment, the requests will be combined to determine the total fee.
To request a fee waiver for processing your request, complete the following form and submit with your records request.
To qualify for a fee waiver, all of the following must apply:
- Is likely to contribute significantly to the public’s understanding of the operations or activities of the government;
- Is not primarily in the individual interest of the requester including, but not limited
to, the requester’s interest in litigation in which the requester is or may become a
- Will not occur if fees are charged because the requester has insufficient financial
resources to pay the fees.