To protect human health and the
quality of Idaho’s air, land, and water.
DEQ is a state department created by the Idaho Environmental Protection and Health Act to ensure clean air, water, and land in the state and protect Idaho citizens from the adverse health impacts of pollution.
As a regulatory agency, DEQ enforces various state environmental regulations and administers a number of federal environmental protection laws including the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act, and the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act.
The agency is committed to working in partnership with local communities, businesses, and citizens to identify and implement cost-effective environmental solutions.
What's New at DEQ?
Recently updated pages on DEQ's website:
- Lake Walcott WAG Meeting - 09/27/18
- Lake Walcott Watershed Advisory Group (WAG)
- Leaking Underground Storage Tanks in Idaho
- DEQ Policies
- Burn Decisions
- Engineering Projects in DEQ's Pocatello Region
- Lower Boise River Watershed Advisory Group (WAG)
- Spokane River Watershed Advisory Group (WAG)
- North Fork Coeur d'Alene River Watershed Advisory Group (WAG)
- Middle Snake Watershed Advisory Group (WAG)