Environmental Conferences, Trainings & Workshops Hosted by DEQ
DEQ hosts conferences, trainings, and workshops to provide environmental professionals and other interested parties an opportunity to network and learn about air quality, water quality, and waste management issues.
Workshops and Training
- October 26 Collection System Cleaning: Postponed from Monday, October 26, class date will be rescheduled.
- November 02 Collection System CCTV: Collection OIT, I and 2 exam review on collection system inspection equipment, methods and scheduling. This includes general information, and CCTV and collection system rehabilitation.
- November 09 Confined Space, Lift Stations: Collection OIT, I and 2 exam review on operation and maintenance of wastewater collection system pumping stations, pumps, motors and related equipment as well as confined space entry procedures.
- November 16 Collections System Math: Collection OIT, I and 2 exam review on wastewater math including pressure, flow, chemical dosing, geometry and wastewater regulations.
- November 17 and 18 Funding Agency Training for Water and Wastewater Projects: Outlines funding opportunities for drinking water and waste water projects within the state of Idaho.
- December 08 Wastewater Microbiology & Process Control Webinar: Learn the role of bacteria, protozoa and metazoans in the treatment process along with the conditions that allow them the do their best work of removing nutrients from the wastewater.
- December 09 Identification and Control of Filamentous Bacteria Webinar: Learn a simplified method to identify filamentous bacteria, determine the conditions that favor their growth and methods to control and eliminate bulking and foaming caused by these microorganisms.
- December 15 Developing a Wastewater Microbiology Laboratory Program Webinar: Learn how to optimize the wastewater treatment plant processes using the microscope and knowledge of wastewater microbiology.
- December 16 Microbiological Monitoring of Biological Phosphorus Removal Systems Webinar: Gain an understanding of the role of phosphorus accumulating microorganisms in biological phosphorus removal processes as well as an understanding of the requirements of their growth and for enhanced phosphorus removal.
- December 16 Lagoon Microbiology Webinar: Learn the role of bacteria, protozoa, metazoa and algae in the lagoon treatment process.
- January 13, 2021, Source Water Protection Workshop: Learn the fundamentals of ground water and source water protection, including Idaho hydrogeology, aquifers, ground water quality and contamination, well drilling, etc.
Previous Conferences, Trainings, and Workshops
- Source Water Protection Workshop
- Source Water Protection Workshop: Cyanotoxins in Drinking Water: Protection and Response
- Water Reuse Conferences
Links to presentations at previous annual water reuse conferences are available here:
2019 | 2017 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007