Applications submitted to DEQ for an air quality permit or exemption must be made on forms developed by DEQ. If you have questions about which form to use or about the application process in general, please call the Air Permit Hotline at (1-877-573-7648).
Permit Applications or Exemptions may be submitted via email to email@example.com or mailed to the following address:
DEQ State Office – Air Quality Division
1410 N. Hilton St.
Boise, ID 83706
Unless specified, all applications require the following form:
- Baghouses Control Equipment
- Scrubbers Control Equipment
- Emission Inventory - Ambient Impact Assessment
- Emission Inventory – Facility Wide PTE
- Emission Inventory – Hazardous Air Pollutants
- Emission Inventory – Modification at a Major Facility
- Emission Inventory Modification at a Minor Facility
- DEQ's Guidance on Emissions Data Hierarchy
- Plot Plan
Air Impact Modeling
A DEQ air quality permit to construct typically requires a demonstration of compliance with air quality standards. Air impact modeling, using established EPA-recommended computerized models, considers estimated air pollutant emissions associated with the permitting project, meteorology of the area, and characteristics of the facility that affect pollutant dispersion to demonstrate compliance.
These demonstrations are required for the following air permits:
- Permits to Construct (PTCs) authorizing construction and operation of an air pollution source.
- Certain Tier II Operating Permits that address various air quality concerns.
- Documentation of some permit exemptions.
DEQ’s expectations for air impact analyses supporting permit issuance, and a summary of the regulatory requirements, are outlined in the State of Idaho Guideline for Performing Air Quality Impact Analyses. Documentation of the air impact analyses must be submitted with the permit application using DEQ’s Air Impact Modeling Analysis Report Template Form.
Submit Your Application
Send completed application to the following:
Idaho Department of Environmental Quality
Attn: Air Quality Program
1410 N. Hilton
Boise, ID 83706
- 15-Day Pre-Permit Construction Approval Application Completeness Checklist
- Exemption Criteria and Reporting Requirements for Toxic Air Pollutant (TAP) Emissions Checklist
- Toxic Air Pollutant (TAP) Preconstruction Compliance Application Completeness Checklist
- Minor Source Permit to Construct Application Completeness Checklist
- Small Wood-Fired Boiler Permit to Construct Application Checklist
- Application Completeness Checklist
Most applications require a $1,000 application fee. To pay fees please see below.