May 23, 2023
Contact: MaryAnna Peavey, Grants and Loans Bureau Chief, MaryAnna.Peavey@deq.idaho.gov
BOISE- The Idaho Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) announces a public comment period, May 23–June 12, 2023, concerning the following draft documents, which, upon final DEQ Board acceptance, will govern the state fiscal year 2024:
- State Drinking Water State Revolving Fund Intended Use Plan—contains the priority lists for the loan projects, emerging contaminants projects, and lead service line inventory projects
- State Drinking Water Planning Grant Priority List
- State Clean Water State Revolving Fund Intended Use Plan—contains the priority lists for the loan projects and emerging contaminants projects
- State Wastewater Planning Grant Priority List
- Leading Idaho Funding Criteria and Priority List
This notice fulfills the public information requirements of Idaho’s rules for the administration of the drinking water and clean water construction grant and loan programs.
DEQ will award grants and loans from these lists in priority order to the highest ranked projects that are ready to proceed. Awards will be made to fully use all available funding.
The comment period provides interested parties an opportunity to comment on the grant and loan lists.
A public meeting discussing the priority lists is scheduled to start at 1:00 p.m. MDT on June 1, 2023, via Microsoft Teams. Visit DEQ’s Events Page to register for this meeting.
Applicants for the Sewer Overflow and Stormwater Reuse Municipal Grants, which is a separate grant opportunity and not part of the public comment period, will be notified before July 1, 2023, of their funding status.
Copies of the priority lists and intended use plans are available for public review at the following locations:
The eight priority lists and two intended use plans can also be viewed on DEQ’s Public Comment Opportunities page.
Anyone may submit comments regarding the proposed lists. Written comments can be sent by regular mail or email to MaryAnna Peavey at the address given above. All written comments and data concerning the priority lists and intended use plans must be received on or before June 12, 2023.