To protect human health
and preserve the quality of Idaho's air, land, and water
for use and enjoyment today and in the future.
DEQ is a state department created by the Idaho Environmental Protection and Health Act to ensure clean air, water, and land in the state and protect Idaho citizens from the adverse health impacts of pollution.
As a regulatory agency, DEQ enforces various state environmental regulations and administers a number of federal environmental protection laws including the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act, and the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act.
The agency is committed to working in partnership with local communities, businesses, and citizens to identify and implement cost-effective environmental solutions.
What's New at DEQ?
Recently updated pages on DEQ's website:
- Wastewater Land Application Exam Preparation and Review of Study Manual
- News Release - Mobile Vehicle Emissions Testing in Kuna
- Public Comment Opportunity - Draft 401 Certification - Clear Springs Foods Warm Springs Creek Project
- Lake Walcott WAG Meeting - 02/19/15
- Mid Snake WAG Meeting - 11/12/14
- Upper Snake BAG Meeting - 04/01/15
- Middle Snake Watershed Advisory Group (WAG)
- Lake Walcott Watershed Advisory Group (WAG)
- Wood River Watershed Advisory Group (WAG)
- Upper Snake Basin Advisory Group (BAG)