To protect human health
and preserve the quality of Idaho's air, land, and water
for use and enjoyment today and in the future.
DEQ is a state department created by the Idaho Environmental Protection and Health Act to ensure clean air, water, and land in the state and protect Idaho citizens from the adverse health impacts of pollution.
As a regulatory agency, DEQ enforces various state environmental regulations and administers a number of federal environmental protection laws including the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act, and the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act.
The agency is committed to working in partnership with local communities, businesses, and citizens to identify and implement cost-effective environmental solutions.
What's New at DEQ?
Recently updated pages on DEQ's website:
- Public Comment Opportunity - Draft Environmental Determination - City of Newdale Wastewater System Improvement Project
- Public Comment Opportunity - Draft Environmental Determination - City of Horseshoe Bend Drinking Water Improvement Project
- Burn Decisions
- Water Quality: Docket No. 58-0102-1201 - Negotiated Rulemaking
- Environmental Conferences, Trainings & Workshops Hosted by DEQ
- Vendor & RFP Information
- Green Project Reserve
- Water Quality: Docket No. 58-0102-1401 - Proposed Rule
- Air Quality Rulemaking Public Hearing - Docket No. 58-0101-1401 - 10/07/14
- Air Quality Rulemaking Public Hearing - Docket No. 58-0101-1402 - 10/07/14