To protect human health
and preserve the quality of Idaho's air, land, and water
for use and enjoyment today and in the future.
DEQ is a state department created by the Idaho Environmental Protection and Health Act to ensure clean air, water, and land in the state and protect Idaho citizens from the adverse health impacts of pollution.
As a regulatory agency, DEQ enforces various state environmental regulations and administers a number of federal environmental protection laws including the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act, and the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act.
The agency is committed to working in partnership with local communities, businesses, and citizens to identify and implement cost-effective environmental solutions.
What's New at DEQ?
Recently updated pages on DEQ's website:
- Southwest Basin Advisory Group (BAG)
- Contested Case Petitions Filed with the Idaho Board of Environmental Quality
- News Release - Request for Comment on Proposed Air Quality Permit to Construct for Idaho Veneer Company, Post Falls
- Public Comment Opportunity - Proposed Air Quality Permit to Construct - Idaho Veneer Company, Idaho Falls
- Play Clean
- Environmental Conferences, Trainings & Workshops Hosted by DEQ
- Burn Decisions
- Wastewater Lagoon Troubleshooting & Optimization Workshop
- Public Wastewater System Construction Loans
- News Release - Award of Low-Interest Wastewater Loan to City of Jerome