To protect human health
and preserve the quality of Idaho's air, land, and water
for use and enjoyment today and in the future.
DEQ is a state department created by the Idaho Environmental Protection and Health Act to ensure clean air, water, and land in the state and protect Idaho citizens from the adverse health impacts of pollution.
As a regulatory agency, DEQ enforces various state environmental regulations and administers a number of federal environmental protection laws including the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act, and the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act.
The agency is committed to working in partnership with local communities, businesses, and citizens to identify and implement cost-effective environmental solutions.
What's New at DEQ?
Recently updated pages on DEQ's website:
- Job Opening - Ground Water Analyst - Lewiston Regional Office
- Environmental Conferences, Trainings & Workshops Hosted by DEQ
- Solvent Solutions Workshop
- Solvent Solutions Workshop - 08/25/16
- Twin Falls County Ground Water Quality Advisory Committee Meeting - 06/29/16
- Forest Practices Audits
- Rathdrum Prairie Aquifer Reports and Publications
- Rathdrum Prairie Aquifer Educational Tools
- Rathdrum Prairie Aquifer Weather
- Rathdrum Prairie Aquifer Water Quality