January 8, 2021
LEWISTON — The Idaho Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) seeks a member to represent recreation interests to serve on the Clearwater Basin Advisory Group (BAG).
The Clearwater BAG is a group of citizens from different backgrounds that advise DEQ on water quality objectives for streams and rivers in Latah, Clearwater, Nez Perce, Lewis, and Idaho Counties. BAG members represent a cross-section of interests in the basin such as agriculture, forestry, municipalities, industry, recreation, tribes, environmental interests, and the general public.
DEQ seeks applications for a member to represent recreation interests in the Clearwater region that have been involved in water quality issues in the area and are familiar with local watersheds.
Members are appointed by the DEQ director and typically meet two to three times a year. Responsibilities include advising DEQ on:
- Priorities for monitoring within the basin
- Revisions needed in the designated beneficial uses for water bodies within the basins
- Categories to which water bodies in the basin should be assigned
- Processes for developing and implementing TMDLs
- Members to be appointed to watershed advisory groups
- Priorities for water quality programs within the basin based on available economic resources
Members are unpaid but are reimbursed for travel expenses.
Anyone interested in serving on the Clearwater BAG should contact Sujata Connell in DEQ’s Lewiston Regional Office by March 26, 2021.
Surface Water Quality Manager