To protect human health
and preserve the quality of Idaho's air, land, and water
for use and enjoyment today and in the future.
DEQ is a state department created by the Idaho Environmental Protection and Health Act to ensure clean air, water, and land in the state and protect Idaho citizens from the adverse health impacts of pollution.
As a regulatory agency, DEQ enforces various state environmental regulations and administers a number of federal environmental protection laws including the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act, and the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act.
The agency is committed to working in partnership with local communities, businesses, and citizens to identify and implement cost-effective environmental solutions.
What's New at DEQ?
Recently updated pages on DEQ's website:
- News Release - Rhino Linings, Caldwell, applies to DEQ for general air quality permit to construct
- Public Comment Opportunity - Draft Wastewater Reuse Permit Renewal for INL Facility
- News Release - DEQ seeks comment on draft wastewater reuse permit renewal for INL facility
- News Release - DEQ seeks comment on draft Tier I air quality permit renewal for Plummer Forest Products, Post Falls
- Public Comment Opportunity - Proposed Air Quality Permit - Plummer Forest Products - Post Falls
- Spokane River Watershed Advisory Group (WAG)
- West Silver Valley Air Quality
- Burn Decisions
- DEQ Policies
- Vendor Opportunities