Drinking Water and Wastewater Grants and Loans Letter of Interest Forms for FY 20
Does your community or nonprofit noncommunity drinking water system or nonprofit wastewater system need to do a planning study to solve public health issues, or meet U.S. Environmental Protection Agency requirements? Or have you done a planning study but need a loan to meet system rehabilitation or replacement needs? Do you need to solve a nonpoint source pollution problem?
If so, consider submitting a Letter of Interest (LOI) for a planning grant or State Revolving Fund (SRF) loan with DEQ to get on the priority list for fiscal year 2020.
- Planning grants provide up to 50% of the cost of developing a facility plan and environmental information document in preparation for project design and construction for wastewater or drinking water systems.
- SRF loans provide low-interest funding up to 100% of project costs to design and construct system improvements. SRF loan terms are generally considered among the best available.
If interested, first call and discuss the issues facing your system with local DEQ regional office staff (see staff contacts at right). Most systems find it in their best interest to have a consulting engineer assist them with the completion of the LOI. Second, notify DEQ in writing by submitting an LOI form to DEQ on or before January 11, 2019.
Completed LOI forms may be submited electronically or by hard copy to a DEQ regional office or to:
Idaho Department of Environmental Quality
Attn: Charlie Parkins
1410 N. Hilton
Boise, ID 83706
Phone: (208) 373-0577
Fax: (208) 373-0576
Letter of Interest Forms
Note: The forms below open automatically in Internet Explorer when the user has Adobe Reader installed. In Firefox, a “Please Wait” message may appear. In this case, it may be necessary to click on the “Open with Different Viewer” button on the top right of the screen to direct the browser to open in Adobe Reader. If this form does not open, download or save to your desktop.
- Drinking Water Planning Grant
- Drinking Water Loan
- Wastewater Planning Grant
- Clean Water Funding Assistance
Projects for potential recipients of funding are rated by DEQ engineers, who apply standardized criteria to every system that submits an LOI. All rated systems are then comparatively ranked with other systems around the state. Those systems that rank highest and are ready to proceed in a timely manner will be notified that they are eligible to apply for a grant or loan from DEQ at the beginning of the next fiscal year (July 1, 2019). Copies of blank rating forms are provided below for informational purposes only. Please do not submit rating forms to DEQ.
Additional Loan Information
The handbook and website links below are additional resources for submitting an LOI. Systems applying for an LOI loan can find information about green project reserves, non-point source sponsorships, and principal forgiveness.
- Drinking Water Loan Handbook
- Clean Water State Revolving Fund (Wastewater) Loan Handbook
- Applicant's Guide to Idaho's Drinking Water Facilities Planning Grant Program
- Applicant's Guide to Idaho's Wastewater Facilities Planning Grant Program
Priority List Timeline
Access a schedule with action items and complete timeline for developing the FY2020 Priority List and Intended Use Plan here.