December 13, 2021
Contact: Matt Woodard, BAG Chairman, email@example.com
TWIN FALLS — The Idaho Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) is seeking an irrigated agriculture representative to serve as a voting member on the Upper Snake Basin Advisory Group (BAG).
The Upper Snake BAG consists of members appointed by the director of DEQ to represent stakeholder groups from 19 counties of southern and eastern Idaho. The BAG meets as necessary to advise DEQ on surface water issues and prioritize water quality 319 nonpoint source projects throughout the region.
BAG members are responsible for advising DEQ’s director on the following matters:
- Priorities for monitoring within the basin
- Revisions needed in the designated beneficial uses for water bodies within the basins
- Categories to which water bodies in the basin should be assigned
- Processes for developing and implementing total maximum daily loads
- Members to be appointed to watershed advisory groups
- Priorities for water quality programs within the basin based on available economic resources
Anyone interested in serving on the BAG as a representative of irrigated agriculture should contact Matt Woodard at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. on January 10, 2022.