2007 Idaho Water Reuse Conference
The 2007 Idaho Wastewater Reuse Conference was held June 26-27 in Boise, Idaho. Topics included treatment technologies, case studies, funding and management, public outreach and involvement, permitting rules and guidance, water rights, operations and maintenance, and other related topics. Keynote speakers included Senator Mike Crapo and Victor Moreland, PhD, of the Water Resources Research Center at the University of Hawaii.
This was the third year of the Idaho Wastewater Reuse Conference. The planning group for this year's conference included CH2M Hill, MWH, HDR, Forsgren Associates, the Pacific Northwest Clean Water Association, Eagle Sewer District, DEQ, EPA, and University of Idaho/Idaho Water Resource Research Institute.
June 26, 2007
- Wastewater Reuse Business Planning to Support Effective Utility Management, Blair Troutman, Blue Water Consulting, Inc.
- The Boise Watershed: Opportunities & Partnerships, Catherine Chertudi, Boise City and Donna-Marie Hayes, Boise WaterShed Exhibits, Inc.
- Rules and Guidance and Permitting (Class A vs. Class B, Irrigation, Aquifer Recharge, Subsurface, Rapid Infiltration, etc., Mark Mason, Idaho DEQ
- Water Management and Water Reuse, Dr. Victor Morehead, University of Hawaii
- The WateReuse Association: National Database/Membership, Guy Carpenter, HDR and Brian Good, Water Reuse Association
- Inland Empire Utilities Agency Regional Recycled Water Program, John Robinson, MWH
June 27, 2007
- 2007 Wastewater Reuse Conference Opening Remarks, Barry N. Burnell, Idaho DEQ
- Wastewater Reuse Treatment Technologies, Dr. June Leng, HDR
- Using Public Involvement as a Proactive Strategy for Reuse Programs, Jeanna Cernazanu, Clean Water Services
- Idaho Case Study #1 - Mountain Home Air Force Base, Daniel Ayers, CH2M Hill
- Planned Communities - Leading the Way in Implementing DEQ's Wastewater Reuse Policy, Dr. John Moeller, Forsgren Associates
- Idaho Case Study #3 - Avimore Devopment, Hidden Springs, and South Fork Landing, Robert Pharmer and Carl Hipwell, Pharmer Engineering and Kevin Wentland, SunCor
- Reuse and Emerging Contaminants of Concern, Dr. Mike Murray and Dave Clark, HDR
- Water Reuse and Disinfection, Dr. Victor Moreland, University of Hawaii