Environmental Conferences, Trainings & Workshops Hosted by DEQ
Periodically DEQ hosts conferences, trainings, and workshops on environmental topics to provide environmental professionals and other interested parties an opportunity to network and learn about air quality, water quality, and waste management issues of interest and concern.
- Ultraviolet (UV) Disinfection for Wastewater Operators - How to Maximize the Benefits of UV Disinfection for Wastewater and Reuse Applications: Jerome, March 15, 2018: This class will teach the fundamentals of Ultra Violet (UV) Disinfection technology, including recent technological advances that improve its reliability and effectiveness, which should be considered when selecting a UV system.
- Wastewater Collection Operator Review for OIT and Class I and II Certifications: Coeur d'Alene, April 3-4, 2018: This two-day class covers a review for those preparing for the Wastewater Operators - Collection OIT, and Class I and II Certification examinations. The subject material will be presented at an introductory level and will provide practical information to be used in the execution of duties in daily work in a collection system.
- Wastewater Collection Operator III and IV Exam Review: Coeur d'Alene, April 5-6, 2018: The purpose of this class is to prepare wastewater professionals in Idaho to pass licensure exams by providing them with all of the information that is required by the ABC need-to-know criteria.
- Underground Storage Tank Service Provider Training: Boise, April 5: This informational training will describe the new Idaho underground storage tank rules and will provide instructions on how to perform testing, use DEQ forms, and much more. Representatives from Franklin Fueling and Veeder-Root will also be present.
- Source Water Protection Workshop: Your Source of Drinking Water – Assessments and Protection: March and April: This workshop is for public water system operators, and local government officials on source water assessments and source water protection and contingency planning. Workshops will be held in Boise, Pocatello, Idaho Falls, Twin Falls, Lewiston, and Coeur d'Alene.
Previous Conferences, Trainings, and Workshops
- Idaho Nitrate Symposium: Working Together to Protect Idaho’s Drinking Water (Source Water)
Presentations from the December 4, 2014 symposium.
- Source Water Protection Workshop: 2016
- Water Reuse Conferences
Links to presentations at previous annual water reuse conferences are available here:
2017 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007