DEQ seeks mining industry representative for Upper Snake Basin Advisory Group
Monday, February 11, 2019
TWIN FALLS — The Idaho Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) is seeking a mining industry representative to serve on the Upper Snake Basin Advisory Group (BAG).
The Upper Snake BAG consists of members appointed by the director of DEQ to represent stakeholder groups from 19 counties of southern and eastern Idaho. The BAG meets as necessary to advise DEQ on surface water issues and prioritize water quality 319 nonpoint source projects throughout the region.
BAGs are responsible for advising DEQ's director on the following matters:
- Priorities for monitoring within the basin
- Revisions needed in the designated beneficial uses for water bodies within the basins
- Categories to which water bodies in the basin should be assigned
- Processes for developing and implementing TMDLs
- Members to be appointed to watershed advisory groups
- Priorities for water quality programs within the basin based on available economic resources
Applications will be accepted through Monday, April 8, 2019. Persons interested in the position are advised to contact:
DEQ Twin Falls Regional Office
650 Addison Ave W, Suite 110
Twin Falls, ID 83301