DEQ celebrates 14th annual Air Quality Awareness Week
Monday, May 04, 2020
BOISE—The Idaho Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) is partnering with nonprofit and governmental groups across the country to celebrate the 14th annual Air Quality Awareness Week, May 4–8, 2020.
This year's theme is "Better Air, Better Health,” and DEQ will promote a variety of air quality topics all week:
- Monday: Wildfires and smoke
- Tuesday: Asthma and your health
- Wednesday: Where is your AQI coming from?
- Thursday: Air quality around the world (and in Idaho)
- Friday: Air quality resources for families and teachers
The goal of this event is to increase air quality awareness across the state and encourage people to check the Air Quality Index (AQI) daily. The AQI is an air quality reporting that tells you how healthy your air is on any given day.
DEQ is an active partner in promoting air quality across the state. Take a look at the following resources and follow the hashtag #AQAW2020 to learn how you can help protect Idaho’s air:
- Idaho Smoke Information Blog
- Smoke and Your Health
- Real-Time Air Monitoring
- Daily Air Quality Reports and Forecasts